PS4-exclusive God of War gets some new features such as photo mode and increased text size in the game’s UI and menus. Developer Sony Santa Monica has added these in addition to allowing users to remap Kratos’ Rage Mode controls. Sony earlier released a fix for the game’s text size but with the latest patch, 1.13 it seems to be a more permanent solution. Photo mode in God of War can be accessed in the Options Menu or by enabling Touch Pad Quick Access through settings. There are several customisations options available as follows.
God of War photo mode options
- Camera: Adjust the Field of View, Focal Length, and Camera Roll.
- Aperture: Adjust the Depth of Field, Focus Distance, and F-Stop.
- Filters: Adjust the Film Grain, Exposure, Filter, and Filter Intensity options.
- Borders: Add a Vignette and adjust the Vignette Intensity, and Vignette Falloff. This includes a variety of Border styles and the official God of War logo.
- Characters: Toggle the visibility of Kratos, Atreus, and all other characters in the scene. Added the ability to change Kratos and Atreus’s facial expressions.
To control the Photo Mode camera, just use the Dual Shock 4’s analogue sticks to navigate around the scene. Use the R2 and L2 buttons to pan up or down, and move the camera back to its original position by clicking the square button.
It’s nice to see Sony adding more features to an already excellent game. The company doesn’t seem to be resting on its laurels after announcing God of War sales have reached 3.1 million in just three days of its launch, from April 20 to April 22. This makes it the fastest-selling PS4 game so far. Keep in mind that Sony has used the word “sold” not “shipped” which in this case essentially means that 3.1 million PS4 owners have bought the game in just three days of its release date.
“For some comparisons. Uncharted 4 sold 2.7m units in 1 week. Horizon Zero Dawn sold 2.6m units in two weeks. The Last of Us shipped 3.4m units in 3 weeks on PS3,”tweeted noted industry analyst Daniel Ahmad.
For what it’s worth, the game has sold exceedingly well in India. Multiple game stores speaking to Gadgets 360 have confirmed it to be the highest selling game of the year for them so far and all of them have seen a healthy bump in PS4 console sales as well. With the PS4 Slim being the number one seller followed by the God of War Limited Edition PS4 Pro and then the standard PS4 Pro.
“This has been our best month for hardware thus far thanks to God of War. We can’t keep the PS4 Slim on the shelves and PS4 Pro sales have been up by 35 percent as well,” says a Mumbai-based game store owner.